JXHTMLEDIT is a cross-platform WYSIWYG HTML/XHTML content authoring tool, a very small Java applet based on the Java 2 Platform. JXHTMLEDIT provides word processor-like user interface that allows to edit the document directly in the final form (as will be rendered). JXHTMLEDIT is flexible and could be used to easily integrate WYSIWYG authoring functionality into existing products or services. Applet is less than 150 KB, so it loads very quickly.
- platform independent, works on most Operating Systems available today
- two different jar versions are available:
- - signed (jxhtmledit.jar) : to support cut-and-paste to and from system clipboard;
- - unsigned (jxhtmledit_u.jar) : support only local clipboard;
- applet jar is less than 150 KB, loads quickly
- WYSIWYG and source code editing (the source editor pane may be disabled)
- partial support for stylesheet CSS1
- support custom tags
- customizable charset encoding, support international character sets and html entities (require appropriate OS/browsers)
- output HTML or well-formed XHTML to your choice
- support XHTML indentation (to increase readability) or compact mode (to reduce code size)
- could be launched as a popup window or used as a textarea
- support copy, cut-n-paste, undo, redo, search and select-all
- buttons and combo boxes are configured using external XML file (Java/config/buttons.xml)
- support custom buttons and custom selection boxes to add custom tags or execute predefined actions
- strings could be localized using external TMX file (Java/config/tmx.xml)
- all x/HTML tags and relative attributes are defined using external XML files (Java/config/tags.xml, attributes.xml, categories.xml, status.xml)
- support help tooltips (popup descriptions that appear when mouse pointer is over the button)
The app is currently available in English, Italian and it was last updated on 2006-02-07. The program can be installed on Not Applicable.
JXHTMLEDIT - WYSIWYG XHTML Editor (version 4.0.005) has a file size of 500.71 KB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 136 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.